From Net-SNMP Wiki
What is it?
Various tools relating to the Simple Network Management Protocol including:
- An extensible agent
- An SNMP library
- tools to request or set information from SNMP agents
- tools to generate and handle SNMP traps
- a version of the unix 'netstat' command using SNMP
- a graphical Perl/Tk/SNMP based mib browser
This package is originally based on the Carnegie Mellon University SNMP implementation (version 220.127.116.11), but has developed significantly since then.
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?