From Net-SNMP Wiki
What documentation is available?
- This FAQ (!)
- README and individual READMEs for various platforms
- README.thread (discusses threading issues)
- man pages for the individual tools, files and the API
- A guide for extending the agent
- Tutorials for both net-snmp v5 and the older ucd-snmp (v4)
Most of this documentation (plus archives of the mailing lists) is also available on our web page:
There is also a Wiki (including a community-maintained version of this FAQ) at:
(But I guess you probably already know that :-))
- What is it?
- Where can I get it?
- What documentation is available?
- Are there binaries available?
- What's the difference between UCD-SNMP and Net-SNMP?
- What operating systems does it run on?
- What happens if mine isn't listed?
- Does it run on Windows?
- How do I find out about new releases?
- How can I find out what other people are doing?
- How do I submit a patch or bug report?
- Can I reuse the code in my commercial application?
- What's the difference between SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3?
What's the difference between SNMPv2 and SNMPv2c?
- Which versions of SNMP are supported in this package?
- Can I use SNMPv1 requests with an SNMPv2 MIB (or vice versa)?
- How can I monitor my system with SNMP?
- Where can I find more information about network management?
- What ports does SNMP use?
- Is Net-SNMP thread safe?