Compiling the Perl module works OK, but 'make test' fails. Why?
That's difficult to answer in general. Some of the Perl tests are rather picky, so this may simply be some minor inconsistency between your precise setup, and the expectations of the test environment.
Check that you are working with the Perl distribution that matches
the SNMP libraries (use the
'perl/SNMP' in preference
to CPAN), and that you have installed the main libraries successfully
(uninstall any old versions if you're having trouble).
If all this looks OK, and if most of the tests pass, then it's
probably safe to run
'make install' anyway. Probably.
- What is the purpose of the Perl SNMP module?
- Where can I get the Perl SNMP package?
- How do I install the Perl SNMP modules?
- But compiling this fails! Why?
- Compiling the Perl module works OK, but 'make test' fails. Why?
- Why can't mib2c (or tkmib) locate SNMP.pm?
- Why can't mib2c (or tkmib) load SNMP.so?
- Why can't tkmib locate Tk.pm?
- Why does your RPM complain about missing Perl modules?
- I've got a problem with the Net-SNMP module. Can you help?