Using the command line and nmake
From Net-SNMP Wiki
Setup the build system
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Express
- Download and install ActivePerl for the build scripts
Open a command prompt with the correct options:
- cmd /V:ON /E:ON
Set the environment variables for Visual Studio as well as the SDK (modify paths to match your install locations)
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat
Run the build script
- "This application ahs failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
- This error is related to the MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Generally you can remedy this issue by running vcredist_x86.exe (MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package) on the target system.